Call Us: 580-223-2187  •  Request a Quote

Work accidents are going to happen. Why you need insurance as a contractor.

Work accidents happen – it’s a fact.

You should have, at minimum, a Business Owners Policy (BOP) with general liability insurance, workers' compensation insurance, and commercial vehicle insurance. This helps to reduce the hassle of dealing with multiple companies and contacts to purchase and maintain your contractors insurance.

Who Needs Contractors Insurance?

General contractors, contractors, and subcontractors are commonly required to carry contractors insurance by the various laws and businesses they work for. Typical types of contractors insurance include:
  • Construction Insurance
  • Carpenter Insurance
  • Plumbing Insurance
  • Cleaning Insurance
  • Electrician Insurance
  • Landscaping Insurance
  • Painting Insurance
  • Handyman Insurance
  • And many more…
Contractors General Liability Insurance

General liability insurance, or GL, is a fundamental part of contractors insurance. It could provide protection against lawsuits and other financial liabilities that result from things like accidents or other mishaps.

General liability insurance is often bundled with a variety of other coverages in a BOP. But as a contractor, you might not need all these coverages.

Contractors Insurance for Vehicles

There are many types of commercial/contractor vehicle insurance including:
  • Pickup Truck Insurance
  • Truck Insurance
  • Tow Truck Insurance
  • Tilt Trailer Insurance
  • Low-Boy Trailer Insurance
  • Gooseneck Trailer Insurance

Info from